What We Do: We are much more than picnics and parties, although we do that too! We bridge the gap between school and home; between city funds and individual school needs. We are parents like you that care about our child’s education
- Keep you plugged in to city and state-wide educational issues that impact you
- Act as your collective voice with the Principal and School Board on key issues.
- Raise money to purchase technology for our school and classrooms.
- Support our teachers with grants for new programs; funds for teacher training; room parents.
- Bring in creative arts & sciences programs including author visits, concerts, science presentations and more. (2 per grade, per year!)
- Host Project Explore in the PTO-kept outdoor vegetable and herb garden.
- Support Understanding our Differences, an award-winning program that fosters respect, tolerance and compassion
Plus, we do the fun stuff too including a Back to School picnic, Halloween Party, Bowen International Potluck Dinner, Bowen’s 2nd annual Mystery Dinner, and Bowen Staff Appreciation Events.