Bowen PTO is excited to announce our 7th annual Fall Fundraiser
Bowen Walks the Walk
Let’s get the kids outside to Walk the Walk on October 20! Walks the Walk is a walk-a-thon held during the day so everyone can participate. The kids learn about volunteerism and the satisfaction of earning money for their school. And they get in the team spirit with their own Bowen T-Shirt!
In addition to our usual contributions to the classrooms and curriculum-enhancement through the Creative Arts and Sciences program, this year we are hoping to raise money to buy new equipment for Physical Education classes. Our new P.E. teacher would like us to contribute exercise balls, pinnies, scooters and soccer goals and cones. And, if we have money left over, we may be able to help our teachers with some mini-grants for new programs they want to try!
Please encourage your children to reach out to friends, neighbors, grandparents, and other relatives to sponsor them for the event. Kids walk for a 30-minute period and collect sponsorships to support their efforts – $5, $10, $15, $20 – whatever amount works.
This is a voluntary donation and any amount is welcome. 100% of the money raised goes to our PTO for the school.
Taking part is easy:
- Kids can begin fundraising by telling sponsors: “I am walking to raise money for my school. The funds are used to support teachers, bring special programs to our school, and purchase technology to use in the classroom.”
- Have your child collect the donations, add them up, and keep a tally of the money they raise.
- There is no limit on the number of sponsors your child can have.
- Turn in sponsor sheets (see back page) and all donations by October 20. We will have a box marked “Bowen Walk” in the lobby. Checks should be made out to the Bowen PTO.
- On the day of the event, October 20, the classes will participate in walk activities in the morning.
- The PTO will give every child a T-shirt that morning to wear for the event. Every child will receive a shirt regardless of whether or not they participated in the fundraising.
New this year: Any student who raises more than $40 will be automatically entered into a raffle with two winners. The first winner drawn will have their choice of one of two prizes and the second winner will receive the remaining prize:
- Nintendo 2DS-Electric Blue 2 w/Mario Kart 7 Console and USB Sync Charge USB Cable; or
- 3 tickets to the Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks on December 4 in Club Section 115.
More information will be sent home on Tuesday!!